Born Jackson Fishauf, this musician soon found himself as the Prince of Toronto and with a name like that, you have to have a royal sound.
While it’s not something Queen Elizabeth would likely bump, it is music with an alternative meets southern feel like a young Ryan Adams of sorts. At least that’s what you get with his latest single, “Why Do U Offer??”
Now that you have a little sense of who he is sound wise, it’s time to get to know more about Prince of Toronto’s single straight from him as he was nice enough to give us five quick facts about “Why Do U Offer??”
- I wrote the song 5 years ago in a period of romantic frustration.
- I was listening to a lot of Elvis Costello at the time.
- This is the 3rd time I’ve tried to record it, with as many different band configurations.
- It is the rebellious little sister of this song.
- The music video was shot at my last show at Cherry Cola’s on Queen St, an intersection away from where I played my first show in 2008 at The Big Bop (now CB2). The convenience store across the street is still a good place for a post-show snack.
Interested in hearing more from Prince of Toronto? Make sure to check out the single, available now, on his Bandcamp.